[Wrf-users] Re: wrfprep.pl and NNRP

Don Morton Don.Morton at umontana.edu
Sun Sep 17 16:45:13 MDT 2006

On 9/17/06, Don Morton <Don.Morton at umontana.edu> wrote:
> All, I have found the solution to my problem.  A lot of googling revealed it
> in a document:
>
> http://wrfsi.noaa.gov/release/release_notes_v2.1.1.txt
>
> Apparently, one should use the Vtable.NNRP for the degribbing
> of BOTH surface and analysis data, so the grib_prep.nl would
> look like this:

I spoke too soon - this ends up giving you initialization files with no
soil information, and then real.exe bombs because it can't initailize
a LSM.

So, again, if anybody has gone through this whole process successfully
and can share insight, it would be much appreciated.

--
Don Morton
Department of Computer Science