[Wrf-users] Compiling in Fedore Core 4

Mandelli Alessandro mandelli.alessandro at tiscali.it
Fri Nov 25 13:47:46 MST 2005

I'm trying to compile wrf under FC4 and I came across a couple of problems.
The first was netcdf, but after browsing the archive I realised I can't
used precompiled netcdf, so I compiled it with pgf90 with -DpgiFortran
switch.
The second problem is compiling wrf. I followed the advise on the
READMEs and also the advises on pgroup website for optimising the code
for p4/sse2.
Apart one minor typo on their website (-Mscalaresse instead than
-Mscalarsse), I also found inconsistency with switches
-Mipa=fast,inline,safe .
Some compilation return warnings for inline, so I disabled it and tried
to recompile.

Now I've got:

/usr/bin/ld: Warning: alignment 8 of symbol `module_configure_7_' in
libwrflib.a(module_configure.o) is smaller than 16 in wrf.o
/usr/bin/ld: Warning: alignment 8 of symbol `module_configure_7_' in
libwrflib.a(module_configure.o) is smaller than 16 in
libwrflib.a(module_nesting.o)
/usr/bin/ld: Warning: alignment 8 of symbol `module_configure_7_' in
libwrflib.a(module_configure.o) is smaller than 16 in
libwrflib.a(module_bc.o)
/usr/bin/ld: Warning: alignment 8 of symbol `module_configure_7_' in
libwrflib.a(module_configure.o) is smaller than 16 in
libwrflib.a(module_date_time.o)
/usr/bin/ld: Warning: alignment 8 of symbol `module_configure_7_' in
libwrflib.a(module_configure.o) is smaller than 16 in
libwrflib.a(module_wrf_top.o)
/usr/bin/ld: Warning: alignment 8 of symbol `module_configure_7_' in
libwrflib.a(module_configure.o) is smaller than 16 in
libwrflib.a(mediation_interp_domain.o)

neverending list of these errors.
Anyone any idea?
Thanks for your attention.