[Nsa] Qualifications for the NCAR Director and draft set of questions for candidates

Rick Anthes anthes at ucar.edu
Sun Mar 16 09:59:59 MDT 2008

First, thanks very much for the candid comments many of you made at our
meeting on Thursday.  I really appreciate them.

Some questions came up about qualifications and requirements for the
position of NCAR Director and the criteria the search committee and I
will use to evaluate candidates.  We have updated the position
description and included a number of explicit duties and requirements.
As Warren Washington has been saying, we will use this description and
the duties and requirements as the criteria for evaluating candidates.
Please see http://www.ucar.edu/ncar-director-search/

Second, I promised to send you a set of draft questions that the search
committee will be using with the candidates.  These will consist of a
few questions to be answered in writing before the interviews, and then
a longer list of questions that can be used during the interview.  A
draft is attached.  Please send any edits you would like to suggest, or
entirely new questions to me, Kathy or Warren at your convenience.  We
will consider these carefully in producing the final set.

And again, please submit a name (s) you would like us to consider for
candidates as soon as possible so we can build a long list of excellent
potential candidates.  You may submit just a name (s), or a name(s) with
a brief statement why you consider the person(s) a strong candidate.

Thanks again!
Rick

Dr.Richard A. Anthes
Phone:  303-497-1652

President
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO  80307-3000

For delivery via express mail, please use:

1850 Table Mesa Drive
Boulder, CO  80305