[Nsa] Qualifications for the NCAR Director and draft set of questions for candidates

Xue Xi Tie xxtie at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 17 10:49:22 MDT 2008

Dear Rick;

As you suggested, I recommend Dr. Guy Brasseur as a candidate for
the NCAR Director position with the following reasons;

(1) Dr. Brasseur was Director of ACD, and did very a good job to manage
ACD between 1990 and 1999. He was also Director of Max-Planck Institute.
Currently, he is Director of ESSL. These management experiences are
necessary to become Director of NCAR.

(2)Dr. Brasseur is an excellent Scientist, and has a broad view of
scientific problems of atmospheric science. These experiences are also
needed to manage NCAR, since NCAR is a scientific Institute.

Regards,
Xuexi Tie
ACD Scientist