[ncl-talk] plotting_issue

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 20 11:47:00 MDT 2019

To convert the Cartesiian values

float jx(jx) ;

jx:long_name = "*x-coordinate in Cartesian system*" ;

jx:units = "m" ;

jx:axis = "X" ;

float iy(iy) ;

iy:long_name = "*y-coordinate in Cartesian system*" ;

iy:units = "m" ;

iy:axis = "Y" ;

float aod(time,* iy, jx*)

to georeferenced lat/lon requires *some* map information.
There is no magic tool that can surmise the necessary information.