[ncl-talk] Calculating SPEI with NCL function?

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 27 16:39:27 MDT 2019

Hi Toni,
The spei function no longer exists within NCL. Some previous ncl-talk
postings on this subject that may help:
http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/ncl-talk/2017-April/008674.html
http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/ncl-talk/2018-February/011589.html

Adam

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 8:15 AM Toni Klemm via ncl-talk <ncl-talk at ucar.edu>
wrote:

> Good morning all,
>
> I need to calculate the Standardized Precipitation Evapotranspiration
> Index (SPEI) and found a previous NCL talk conversation about an NCL
> function "spei()" (
> http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/ncl-talk/2016-February/005132.html)
> built into to version 6.3.1 or later. However, I can’t find the function on
> the NCL website anymore. Does it still exist, and if not, what would be a
> good alternative to calculate SPEI in NCL now?
>
> I appreciate any help!
>
> Best,
> Toni
>

> *Toni Klemm, Ph.D.*Postdoctoral Research Associate
> Department of Ecosystem Science and Management
> College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
> Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
> www.toni-klemm.de | @toniklemm <http://www.twitter.com/toniklemm>
> Editorial Board member, Early Career Climate Forum
> <http://www.eccforum.org>

Adam Phillips