[ncl-talk] Calculating SPEI with NCL function?

Toni Klemm toni-klemm at tamu.edu
Tue Aug 27 08:14:24 MDT 2019

Good morning all,

I need to calculate the Standardized Precipitation Evapotranspiration Index (SPEI) and found a previous NCL talk conversation about an NCL function "spei()" (http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/ncl-talk/2016-February/005132.html <http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/ncl-talk/2016-February/005132.html>) built into to version 6.3.1 or later. However, I can’t find the function on the NCL website anymore. Does it still exist, and if not, what would be a good alternative to calculate SPEI in NCL now?

I appreciate any help!

Best,
Toni

Toni Klemm, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Ecosystem Science and Management
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
www.toni-klemm.de <http://www.toni-klemm.de/> | @toniklemm <http://www.twitter.com/toniklemm>
Editorial Board member, Early Career Climate Forum <http://www.eccforum.org/>