[ncl-talk] Trend_plot_with_90%_CI

Kunal Bali kunal.bali9 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 12:05:37 MDT 2019

Dear NCL users,

I also tried the another function (given below) to calculate 90% CI, but
the CI values are not overlaying correctly.
please let me know the correct way to plot it.
(Here, I calculated trend values seperately using CDO), and then using
resultant file to calculate 90% significant values.

[image: plot03.png]

     var_a    = a->BCSMASS(0,:,:).

;**********************************************

> ;Calculating significance
>
> ;**********************************************
>

>>  prob_Dec=rtest(var_a,5,0)
>
>  sig_Dec =100*(1-prob_Dec)
>
>  sig_Dec = where(ismissing(var_a),sig_Dec at _FillValue,sig_Dec)
>

>>  printVarSummary(sig_Dec)
>
>  printMinMax(sig_Dec, True)
>

>>  ;copy_VarAtts(var_a, sig_Dec)
>
>  ;copy_VarCoords_1(var_a,sig_Dec)
>

>   sig_Dec = mask(sig_Dec, sig_Dec.ge.99,False)
>
>   sig_Dec = mask(sig_Dec, sig_Dec.lt.90,False)
>

> printVarSummary(sig_Dec)
>
> printMinMax(sig_Dec, True)

  res2=True

>   res2 at gsnLeftString     = ""
>
>   res2 at gsnRightString     = ""
>
>   res2 at gsnDraw              = False           ; Do not draw plot
>
>   res2 at gsnFrame             = False           ; Do not advance frome
>
>   ;res2 at cnMonoFillColor      = False
>
>   res2 at cnLinesOn            = False    ; turn off contour lines
>
>   res2 at lbLabelBarOn         = False                            ; turn off
>> label bar
>
>   res2 at cnFillColor          = "black"
>
>   res2 at cnLevelSelectionMode = "ManualLevels"   ; manually specify contour
>> levels
>
>   res2 at cnMinLevelValF       = 90        ; min level
>
>   res2 at cnMaxLevelValF       = 99           ; max level
>
>   res2 at cnLevelSpacingF      =  0.1             ; contour interval
>
>   res2 at gsnSpreadColors      = False
>
>   ;res2 at cnConstFEnableFill = True
>

>   res2 at trYReverse             =  True
>
>   res2 at tfDoNDCOverlay         =  False                ;-- transform to
>> standard lat/lon
>
>   res2 at trGridType             = "TriangularMesh"
>

>>   plotb=gsn_csm_contour(wks,sig_Dec, res2) ; contours are at 90,100
>

>> opt = True
>
> opt at gsnShadeFillType = "pattern" ; pattern fill
>
> opt at gsnShadeHigh =17    ; use pattern #2
>
> opt at gsnShadeFillDotSizeF = 0.005
>
> opt at gsnShadeFillScaleF = 1.5
>

>> plotc = gsn_contour_shade(plotb,-999.,90.,opt)
>

> ;************************************************
>
> ; Attach text to plot using plot coordinates.
>
> ;************************************************
>
>   txres               = True                     ; text mods desired
>
>   txres at txFontHeightF = 0.02                     ; font smaller. default
>> big
>
>   txres at txFontThicknessF = 1
>
>   txres at txBackgroundFillColor = "white"
>

>>   ;---Resource list for shapefile outlines
>
>  plres                 = True
>
>  plres at gsLineColor       = "black"
>
>  plres at gsLineThicknessF  = "6"
>
>  dumstr           = unique_string("poly")
>

>  id = gsn_add_shapefile_polylines(wks,plotc,filename,plres)
>

>>  overlay(plot,plotc)
>
>  draw(plot)
>
>  frame(wks)
>
> end