[ncl-talk] Trend_plot_with_90%_CI

Kunal Bali kunal.bali9 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 02:38:45 MDT 2019

Dear NCL users,

I want to highlight the 90% CI over trend plot.

I used the given code for climatology, but not working properly during
trend calculation.

> arr95 = var_a(0,:,:)
> arr95 = arr95 at _FillValue
> arr5 = arr95
> ntime = dimsizes(var_a&time)
> i95 = toint(ntime*.95)-1  ; approximate 95% index
> ip    = dim_pqsort_n(var_a, 2, 0)   ; ascending order, sort var_a in
> ascending order at the 0th dimension.
> var_a95 = var_a(i95,:,:)

But I am not getting how to incorporate trend function

>   var_b    = b->BCSMASS

   ts         = var_b(lat|:,lon|:,time|:)

   time     = ts&time                       ; year since 2001-01-01

   rc         = regCoef(time,ts)

please provide some information on that. For more clarification I have
shared my file with dropbox.

Thank you

regards
Kunal