[ncl-talk] Problem with plotting results from RegCM-4-6-0

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 14 17:07:14 MDT 2019

[1] re: "...but the plot shows values for whole the globe."

There are *many* NCL examples of plotting regional data over a map.
EG:
*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/plot_data_on_map.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/plot_data_on_map.shtml>
*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/toulouse.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/toulouse.shtml>
*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wrf.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wrf.shtml>
*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/narr.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/narr.shtml>
*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/rcm.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/rcm.shtml>

The last one has RCM examples but the approach is the same acro*s*s models.

[1] Most have map parameters included on the file.
[2] The *user* must look for them since there is no universal standard.
[3] The user must use the appropriate resources in the plot scripts.

--
"Dust" data are typically highly skewed. It is the user responsibility to
set graphic resources appropriately.

--
See: *rcm_5 and rcm_6* @ *http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/rcm.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/rcm.shtml>

Two figures are attached
--

These use a  "Starts-with-white color table" because the low values of
'emflx' are not so important.

Good luck