[ncl-talk] Files Support Request

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 9 13:40:44 MDT 2019

Hi Liang,
Unfortunately some datasets used in NCL website example scripts have been
lost over time. I can help with two of the files:

wrfout_d01_2003-07-15_00:00:00.nc  can be downloaded from here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Data/cdf/wrfout_d01_2003-07-15_00:00:00
Note for these types of WRF files, you can read them into NCL by appending
a ".nc" to the end of the file name:
a = addfile("wrfout_d01_2003-07-15_00_00_00.nc","r")

shapefiles_utils.ncl can be downloaded from here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/shapefile_utils.ncl

functions.ncl - I'm not sure where you are getting this from. There's a
functions.ncl script within the publicly available Climate Variability
Diagnostics Package, but other than that package I don't know of another
functions.ncl file.

Adam

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 3:16 AM 张亮 via ncl-talk <ncl-talk at ucar.edu> wrote:

> I am beginning to learn to make maps using NCL.But I did not find some
> files when I ran the examples. Can you send me some of these files? The
> files not found are as follows:
>
> "
> 2017082400_hwt
> ICON.nc
> init.nc
> diag.2017-08-24_12.00.00.nc
> functions.ncl
> hswm.nc
> shapefile_utils.ncl
> wrf2geotiff.ncl
> wrfout_d01_2003-07-15_00:00:00.nc
> wrfout_d01_2008-09-29_16:00:00
> "
>
> Thank you very much.
> Liang Zhang
> Central South University, Changsha, China.

Adam Phillips