[ncl-talk] Shapefile

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 9 07:37:37 MDT 2019

 47
 48   plot = gsn_csm_map(wks,mres)    ; <=== you have defined plot her
 49
===
 84   plot   = new (2, graphic)                    ; create graphical array
of size 2

NCL is strongly typed. By default it will not allow  a previously defined
variable to be redefined with a different size.

=====
You can not just 'cut' NCL sample codes and put them together.
-======
Solution:  Rename one of the two 'plot' variables