[ncl-talk] positioning labebar below x axis title

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 9 09:39:40 MDT 2019

Hi Lisyuan,
If you have a X-axis title, you have a labelbar, and you want to move the
labelbar by setting pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF, you also need to set
tiXAxisOffsetYF. Trying different settings, it looks like NCL links the
X-axis title and the labelbar, so if you move one the other (possibly)
moves. To get around this you need to set positional resources for both.
I've attached a script modified from ce_3.ncl. The key settings needed to
modify ce_3.ncl to do what you are after are:
  res at tiXAxisString = "X-axis title"
  res at tiXAxisOffsetYF = .19
  res at tiMainString = "Default map tickmark labels"
  res at pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF = 0.1

If you have further questions let ncl-talk know.
Adam