[ncl-talk] OPEnDAP issues with large files (reading all zeros)

Tyle, Kevin R ktyle at albany.edu
Fri Oct 26 12:10:56 MDT 2018

Hi Bill,

I noticed this as well a month or so ago, and emailed ncl-talk about it.

I suspect, based on other reports, that this may be tied to a problem with the netcdf-c library which is causing timeouts when reading large datasets via opendap.  I can replicate similar misbehavior with Python tools.

A workaround is to subset the request so as to limit the amount of data that gets returned by the OpenDAP server.

--Kevin

Kevin Tyle, M.S., Manager of Departmental Computing
Dept. of Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences
University at Albany
Earth Science 235, 1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222
Email: ktyle at albany.edu
Phone: 518-442-4578