[ncl-talk] OPEnDAP issues with large files (reading all zeros)

Capehart, William J William.Capehart at sdsmt.edu
Fri Oct 26 11:27:56 MDT 2018

Hi All.

We just noticed an issue in reading large GRIB and NetCDF data from unidata’s Jetstream TDS server in NCL.

We also copied the file to our local file system, and our local TDS server.

For example:

http://thredds-jetstream.unidata.ucar.edu/thredds/dodsC/grib/NCEP/GEFS/Global_1p0deg_Ensemble/members/GEFS_Global_1p0deg_Ensemble_20181025_1200.grib2

for variables such as "Geopotential_height_isobaric_ens"

Things work well in other software such as ncdump and Panoply but when working with NCL, it touches the file, pulls the metadata as well as the coordinate variables for any given variable.  But all values are read in as zero.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks
Bill