[ncl-talk] Counting the number of satellite tracks question

Srishti Dasarathy srdasara at ucsd.edu
Thu Oct 25 11:04:58 MDT 2018

Dear NCL-talk community,

I was hoping you could give me some guidance. I've written some code that
allows me to plot satellite tracks over an entire month (or any time frame
specified) across my region of interest. I've attached my code and an
example figure to this email. However, I'm also trying to count the number
of satellite tracks in this image since the satellite continually follows
this route and overlaps prior tracks. Simply put, I'd like to know how many
times the satellite overlaps this region in the month of January. I
understand that it should be possible to do this, and I've done some
reading into different commands, including ListCount, dim_num, and bin_sum,
but am unsure of what to use and how to proceed forward. Could you give me
some advice here?

Best wishes,
Srishti Dasarathy
--