[ncl-talk] TKE vs time and height, wrf_user_intrp3d doesn't work

Barry Lynn barry.h.lynn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 11:23:52 MDT 2018

Hello:

Have you defined var3 and z prior?  If so, you can check the dimensions
with printVarSummary(var_name).

I don't see why you need the "0" as the first index, since it is just a
placeholder.

One thing to try would be just to set var3 = var3d(:,:,:,:) just to see
that you are accessing var3d correctly.

Barry

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 6:41 PM Schuster Alina <alina-galchenko at yandex.ru>
wrote:

> Dear colleagues!
>
> I am using a scm wrf model (an idealised case) and need to plot a variable
> TKE (turbulent kinetic energy) vs time and height. But I get an error
>
> fatal:Dimension size mismatch, dimension (1) of left hand side reference
> does not have the same size as the right hand side reference after
> subscripting.
> fatal:["Execute.c":8640]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 246 in
> file /home/alina/NCL64/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl
>
> fatal:["Execute.c":8640]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 29 in
> file TKE.ncl
>
> I don't know how to fix it.
>
> Line 246 contains:
>  if ( nd .eq. 4 ) then
>        var3(0,:,:,:,:) = var3d(:,:,:,:)
>           z(0,:,:,:,:) = z_in(:,:,:,:)
>      end if
>
> Don't know what's wrong. It can be the problem is with the variable TKE
> and its 4 dimensions:
> Variable: tke
> Type: float
> Total Size: 57600 bytes
>             14400 values
> Number of Dimensions: 4
> Dimensions and sizes: [Time | 60] x [bottom_top_stag | 60] x [south_north
> | 2] x [west_east | 2]
> Coordinates:
>             Time: [ 0.. 59]
> Number Of Attributes: 6
>   FieldType : 104
>   MemoryOrder : XYZ
>   description : TKE from PBL
>   units : J
>   stagger : Z
>   coordinates : XLONG XLAT XTIME
>
> May be someone could advise me an alternative to the command
> wrf_user_intrp3d or may be someone has a ready script for TKE vs height and
> time (gsn_csm_contour).
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best Regards,
> Alina Schuster