[ncl-talk] wrf_user_intrp3d problem

Bill Ladwig ladwig at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 9 15:51:21 MDT 2018

The wrf_user_intrp3d does not do extrapolation below ground, so you're
seeing the fill values there. You need to use the wrf_user_vert_interp
function for this (
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/WRF_arw/wrf_user_vert_interp.shtml).
Note however that if you use this function with pressure as your field
variable and height as your vertical coordinate, the values in the
extrapolated region will be in the wrong units of hPa (currently working on
a fix for this). In your case, where pressure is your vertical coordinate,
you should be fine.

Hope this helps,

Bill