[ncl-talk] problem with contour fill bleed

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 26 09:49:37 MST 2018

Hi Sam,

I don't know what is causing the contour bleed over, and I'll use your
script/data to file a bug report.  However, it seems to be related to the
combo AreaFill and smoothing.  If I turn smoothing off, the problem does
not appear. and if I use RasterFill, the problem does not occur (although
the plot looks quite a bit different). I have not attempted to play with
the smoothing parameters when smoothing is enabled -- its possible some
magic combination does the trick, but...

Rick