[ncl-talk] overlay

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 19 15:56:56 MST 2018

The reason you can't see the vector reference annotation box is because
gsnMaximize was set to True for the contour/map plot, which caused the
graphics to be resized at that point without any knowledge that a vector
plot with a label outside the bottom of the plot would be added later.

You have two choices: you can move the vector reference annotation into the
plot by setting vcRefAnnoOrthogonalPosF to a small negative number:

uv_res at vcRefAnnoOrthogonalPosF = -0.10, Moves the reference vector up

or, if you want that box to remain in the same location, then comment or
remove this line:

 com_res at gsnMaximize     = True

and replace these lines:

draw(rh_plot)   ; This draws everything and
                                        frame(wks)      ; advances the
frame

with:

maximize_output(wks,True)

which will maximize all the plots and draw them.

--Mary