[ncl-talk] Trying to change size of "Low" label

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 8 07:58:58 MST 2018

Hi Barry,

I'd like to ask a favor (and this goes for anybody reading this message).

The NCL team is moving to GitHub for all its issue tracking, so we are
asking users who come across NCL bugs to report them there. (I will send an
official email to ncl-talk about this shortly.)

To submit an issue, go to:

https://github.com/NCAR/ncl

click on the "Issues" tab, and then the "New issue" button to submit an
issue. Here's the direct link to the issues tab:

https://github.com/NCAR/ncl/issues

To help with this, I've attached a short NCL script that shows the bug. You
can attach it to the GitHub issue. I would much appreciate it!

-----

Meanwhile, this is unfortunately a known bug that we haven't gotten around
to fixing. My understanding is that it involves some changes to low level
code that has a restriction on the high/low label settings.

A possible workaround, as long as you don't need the high labels to be a
different size from the low ones, is to set cnHighLabelFontHeightF, because
it affects the low labels as well:

  res at cnHighLabelFontHeightF      = 0.024

--Mary