[ncl-talk] RH calculation (wrfout file)

mehdi darvishi mehdidarvishi at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 08:53:37 MDT 2018

Dear all,
I have recently installed ncl-6.3.0 and am not familair with weather software and data at all. For my work, I just need to calculate RH% from a wrfout file. After typing ncl in the command line, I followed the instructions in this link https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/wrf_rh.shtml
and then the following massage appeared:
Variable: RH
Type: float
Total Size: 114376 bytes
            28594 values
Number of Dimensions: 4
Dimensions and sizes:    [Time | 1] x [bottom_top | 29] x [south_north | 34] x [west_east | 29]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 2
  units :    %
  description :    Relative Humidity

Have I done it right? When I looked at the current working directory, I could not find any file related to the RH. I thought that maybe the RH file has been added to the wrfout file as a subsetdata with the RH variable, but it was not there. My question is that the RH file has been created or not? if so, where can I find it. Sorry for the 0-level question and thank you for your help.
Regards,
Mehdi