[ncl-talk] Subsetting coordinates for U.S. only to show netCDF file on ArcGIS

Grace Choi gracesh27 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 15:13:30 MST 2018

Hi everyone,

I have run into an issue using NCL to subset coordinates to map over the
U.S. and have it do the same for ArcGIS.

I have a script with longitude and latitude as such:

;========================================

datadir = "./"

filename = "Dalhousie_PM2.5_2011.nc"

; latitude spans -54.75 degrees to 69.75 degrees

minlat = 25

maxlat = 50

; longitude spans -179.95 to 179.95 degrees

minlon = -130

maxlon = -70

output_filename = "Dalhousie_USA_2011_1.nc"

When I map this file with these coordinates on NCL, it shows the whole map
of the U.S. However, when I take this netCDF file to create a map over
ArcGIS, it shows only a very small part of the U.S. (seems to focus on the
midwest region). Has anyone run into this problem before, and was able to
solve it?

Thanks so much.

Sincerely,

Grace