[ncl-talk] Computation of baroclinity in TC environments

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Feb 9 08:26:10 MST 2018

'eady_growth_rate' is an NCL function that resides in contributed.ncl.
Hence, you can look at the source code.

%> less  $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl

===
re: "I have never used it thus far.....

[a] Read the documentation

[b] Use the function.

===

re: ..."so I want to know what the options are."   ?? options ??

===

http://www.atmosp.physics.utoronto.ca/~isla/8_baroclinic.pdf

http://kestrel.nmt.edu/~raymond/classes/ph589/notes/baroclin
ic/baroclinic.pdf