[ncl-talk] Some question about annotation pictures

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 3 09:02:35 MST 2018

Hello,

The tickmark labels do not have the concept of a background fill color like
generic text strings do, unfortunately.

To do this, you must create your own tickmark labels using gsn_text_ndc. I
created an example for you and put it on our web. See tm_12.ncl at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/tickmarks.shtml#ex12

--Mary