[ncl-talk] Vertical interpolation starting from separate netCDF files

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 02:20:46 MDT 2018

Dear Giulio.
why do you need to 'interpolate'. If data are on vertical levels and these levels are correctly defined in the different netcdf files, you can just do a simple merging even outside of NCL with CDO.
If data are not exactly clean you can do a loop on every file, merge the variables into a single one, define the vertical dimension and write then the output to a netcdf file.

> On 29. Aug 2018, at 09:23, G.Monte at isac.cnr.it wrote:
>
> Dears all,
> I have got four separate netCDF files, in which some radar reflectivities
> data (that are functions of latitude/longitude) are reported at different
> heights (in meters):
> 1) surface (first file)
> 2) 2000 m (second file)
> 3) 3000 m (third file)
> 4) 5000 m (fourth file)
> I am trying to implement a feasible method to combine all of these data
> into a single file by vertical interpolating them on every level, then
> create a script.ncl and send to graphics the result in NCL 6.4.0.
> I have already looked at some templates on your web page that could have
> been dealing with an issue like this, but nothing could be found.
> Is there anyone who could have some suggestions to give me, please?
> Thank you,
>
> Giulio Monte

Guido Cioni
http://guidocioni.altervista <http://guidocioni.altervista/>.org