[ncl-talk] ncclose: ncid 131072: NetCDF: Can't open HDF5 attribute

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 22 16:28:32 MDT 2018

This [netCDF-4 file size] has been discussed in ncl-talk before. Please
search the archives.
--
It has to do with the netCDF-4 '*chunk size*' used by NCL.  A JIRA ticket
has been opened.

NCAR Command Language / *Defect NCL-2757*
*NetCDF-4 file with unlimited time dimension size has abnormally large size
*

You can change the chunk size: see

*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/filechunkdimdef.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/filechunkdimdef.shtml>

You may have to experimet.
======

*I suggest trying just writing netCDF-3 [the default]*
Good luck

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 8:37 AM, Ehsan Taghizadeh <ehsantaghizadeh at yahoo.com