[ncl-talk] ncclose: ncid 131072: NetCDF: Can't open HDF5 attribute

Ehsan Taghizadeh ehsantaghizadeh at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 08:37:06 MDT 2018

Hi,I used attached script (prc_sum_write.ncl) which has been provided by ncl-talk to sum precipitation in different time steps. In ncl-6.5 I encountered following message:    ncclose: ncid 131072: NetCDF: Can't open HDF5 attribute
It seems the script does summation correctly, however reset wrong date/time! (cdoout6.5.dat in attached files)The script works correctly in ncl-6.4; however the problem with ncl-6.4 was about following line:    filedimdef(fo,"time",-1,True)      ; make time UNLIMITED
which produced a much bigger size output. Same is true in ncl-6.5 which the output without above line will have 755 KB size and the output with above line will have 24.0 MB. However the date/time in output file for ncl-6.4 are correct (cdoout6.4.dat in attached files). I also attached output files from both version of ncl in small size (commented filedimdef(fo,"time",-1,True)).
Should I use ncl-6.4 with this script or I did something wrong? I'll be thankful for any help.

SincerelyEhsan