[ncl-talk] Overlaying two maps with different axes

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 22 14:24:36 MDT 2018

Hi Giulio,
It looks like you are attempting to overlay two gsn_csm_xy plots onto one
spatial plot generated by gsn_csm_contour. I believe that is possible, but
your draw/frame calls need to be modified to make this work. Right now you
call draw (=draw the plot)/frame (=flip the page) after creating the
contour plot at lines 263/264. Thus, when you go to overlay the xy plots
the frame has been advanced so there is nothing to overlay on. If you
simply comment 263-264 out I think it will work, as you call draw/frame at
lines 324-325.

If you have any further questions please respond to the ncl-talk email list.
Adam

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 8:16 AM <G.Monte at isac.cnr.it> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I have generated two separate maps having different xy-axes each other in
> NCL 6.4.0; the first one is a contouring map of Ku radar reflectivity,
> while the second one represents two xy-plots of brightness temperature.
> Now, I would like to overlay these two maps; for it I arranged a script
> (attached below) that however is incomplete, because they are not
> overlayed and I think that two xy-axes are needed. I ask you if someone
> could explain me the best way to make it work properly.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Giulio Monte

Adam Phillips