[ncl-talk] segmentation fault while using gsm_csn_xy

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 30 10:08:31 MDT 2018

I was able to run your script, which produced the attached plot.  It also
produced the printed output below. The syntax error related to debugging
print statements you perhaps added to gsn_code.ncl (a print statement would
not be valid within a create-block), and the error at the end is because I
don't have all  the file. But otherwise, its working fine with the
development version of NCL. Are you able to upgrade to 6.4.0?

Rick

$ ncl arm_sgp_trend_line_diurnal.ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2017 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.5.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
fatal:syntax error: line 12347 in file ./gsn_code.ncl before or near print
print
----^

(0)    AAA01
(0)    NOW WORKING ON : 20171220
(0)    AAA02
(0)    AAA03
(0)    BBB03
(0)    BBB01
(0)    CC01
(0)    CC02
(0)    CC04
(0)    CC08
(0)    CC11
(0)    CC12
(0)    CC13
(0)    DD05
(0)    DD09
(0)    DD10
(0)    GG01
(0)    GG05
(0)    GG07
(0)    GG06
(0)    GG02
(0)    GG03
(0)    DD08
(0)    DD07
(0)    DD06
(0)    DD02
(0)    CC03
(0)    BBB02
(0)    NOW WORKING ON : 20171221
(0)    AAA02
warning:_NclOpenFile: cannot open file <./
sgpco2flx4mC1.b1.20171221.001500.nc>; No such file or directory

fatal:file (f) isn't defined
fatal:["Execute.c":8640]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 70 in file