[ncl-talk] Extracting Output Results from Specific Grid Cells

Smith, Stuart smit1770 at purdue.edu
Sat Apr 28 12:32:02 MDT 2018

Hello,

Attached is a NCL script I have been using to output model simulation
results.  My goal is to enhance this script to plot outputs from specific
grid cells.

The plotting script was originally designed to read in netCDF files, which
were outputted from the model simulation in a daily time step as a netCDF
file  (ex. 200903180000.d01.nc). In order to create a timeseries, the script
joins the files into an array and plots the total average data. I would like
to enhance the NCL script to plot a time series of the raw outputted data
from a defined grid cell.

I have been able to do this successfully looking at individual files, but
when I try joining the data into an array for time series analysis of the
grid cell I get the following error "fatal:Dimension (east_west) of (data)
does not have an associated coordinate variable fatal" on line 28. Could I
please have assistance on understanding the error and correcting this issue?
Attached are example output results from a model simulation as well. Thank
you for your time.

Regards,

-Stuart