[ncl-talk] a suggestion to expand the ocean color tables

Sam McClatchie smcclatchie at fishocean.info
Mon Apr 23 17:35:44 MDT 2018

Hello

I notice that NCL has two nice blue-tinted ocean color tables (GMT_ocean
and MPL_ocean) as well as a rich diversity of other color tables.
However, I'd like to suggest adding the family of cmocean color tables
to expand the oceanographic palettes. I'm not sure if this link
<https://matplotlib.org/cmocean/> will get through to the list , but if
not, a quick search for "cmocean colormaps" will find the page I am
referring to.

Best fishes
Sam
--
email signature Sam McClatchie (fisheries oceanographer)
& Elena Turin (audit)

"The time has come", the tui said,
"to talk of many things:
Of songs - and ferns - and flowering flax,
of Pukekos and dreams ..."

(not Lewis Carroll)