[ncl-talk] Calculating divergence from WRF output

Ty Buckingham ty.buckingham at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Apr 10 06:24:19 MDT 2018

Hi there,

Having a little trouble calculating divergence from my WRF output.

I'm transforming from the WRF curvilinear grid to a linear grid in order to calculate divergence using finite differences, then transforming back for my plots.

The WRF output I'm using covers a small area over the UK - however, the produced plot is somehow global. Not entirely sure how that's happened.

I've attached my sample code and an image of the output.

Thanks!
Ty