[ncl-talk] eofunc_ts

Tobias Kleine tobias.kleine at gmx.net
Tue Apr 3 03:36:23 MDT 2018

Hi there,

I am using eofunc to calculate the first 30 EOFs of detrended SST
anomalies. I add these individual EOFs up to a "combined" EOF including
a weighting, like so: eof_comb = dim_sum_n(eof*weights,0). This is
pseudo-code obviously.

I then try to find with which temporal variability the new combined EOF
is present in my original SST anomalies:
pc_new = enfunc_ts(sst_anom,eof_comb,False), where sst_anom is lat x lon
x time and eof_comb is evn x lat x lon.

My question is, since I can't find source code for eofunc_ts, is the
routine capable of "finding" my combined EOF in the original data and
gives me the correct PC or do I need to expect wrong results because I
meddled with the EOFs?

Regards,
Tobias