[ncl-talk] NCL running error

Kevin Hallock hallock at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 26 14:05:09 MDT 2017

Hi Hiren,

Which operating system are you using? How did you install NCL?

I suspect there may be an issue with your NCARG_ROOT environment variable; the ncl binary is in /usr/bin (as shown in the output of “which ncl”), so you might want to try setting NCARG_ROOT=/usr instead of /usr/local/ncarg.

Could you please run the command “find /usr -name gsn_code.ncl”? This should help determine which directory to set as NCARG_ROOT.

Kevin