[ncl-talk] scalar and streamline script sometimes hangs

Scott Capps scapps at atmosdatasolutions.com
Tue Sep 12 12:01:36 MDT 2017

Good afternoon,

I am having some intermittent issues with a script which plots lifted
index, elevated CAPE and streamlines overlaid on one plot.  The script is
attached which works for one netcdf file and hangs on another.  I can
provide a sample netcdf file that works and one where it hangs.  I have
sent the sample data to your ftp server:

inv.nc
this_works.nc
this_does_not_work.nc

I have removed all but the necessities in the attached script to replicate
the issue.  The commands used to run the scripts are at the top in the
"USAGE" section.  I am using Ubuntu:

NCL v6.4.0
Linux rose 4.10.0-33-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Fri Aug 11 10:55:28 UTC 2017
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Any help is appreciated as to how I can prevent it from hanging (exit
safely).

Thank you,

Scott