[ncl-talk] Deleting horizontal space between two figures

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Sep 8 08:14:21 MDT 2017

Hi Imran,
NCL uses the space needed to draw the first panel to allocate space for
each of the following panels. As your first plot has a Y-axis title, it
allocates space for that title in each of the other panels. You have two
choices:
1) Tell NCL to allocate space by looking at a different panel by setting
gsnPanelScalePlotIndex = 1 (or 2). See example #24 here:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex24

2) You can explicitly set the sizes and locations of each panel by setting
gsnPanelXF and gsnPanelYF, using information returned from gsnPanelDebug.
See example 19 here:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex19

Hope that helps!
Adam

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 5:36 AM, Imran Hosen <hosen.imran09 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Barry and Guido,
>
> Actually, I have used the option "res at tmYLLabelsOn = False". Therefore,
> it deletes the labels of the graphs, but not the space for labels. It seems
> to me that the graphs are automatically using a space for each label. Just
> I need to use an option which will delete the space for each label and
> bring the graphs close to each other.
>
> I saw those example, but not getting any hints.
>
> Any further suggestion, please.
>
> Kind regards,
> Imran
>
> On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 9:25 PM, Guido Cioni <guidocioni at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> See example 6 here https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml
>>
>> Il 8 set 2017 1:04 PM, "Imran Hosen" <hosen.imran09 at gmail.com> ha
>> scritto:
>>
>>> Dear NCL users,
>>>
>>> I have plotted 3 figures in one panel. Please see the attached file.
>>> Could anyone please advise me which option I need to use for deleting the
>>> horizontal space between the figures.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Imran

> *Md. Imran Hosen*
> PhD Student
> Victoria University
> College of Engineering and Science
> Footscray Park Campus
> Victoria, Australia
> Mob. +61470371562 <+61%20470%20371%20562>

Adam Phillips