[ncl-talk] gsn_contour_map, zoom in plot problem

Ying Song ying.song at sjsu.edu
Fri Sep 8 02:58:54 MDT 2017

Hello, Mary,

I modified my script following your first suggestion. The problem is still
there. The warning msg shows:
Variable: o3_p
Type: float
Total Size: 831744 bytes
            207936 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes:   [lat | 361] x [lon | 576]
Coordinates:
            lat: [ -90..  90]
            lon: [-180..179.375]
Number Of Attributes: 13
  lev :  900
  time :        540
  long_name :   ozone mixing ratio
  units :       ppbv
  _FillValue :  1e+15
  missing_value :       1e+15
  fmissing_value :      1e+15
  scale_factor :         1
  add_offset :   0
  standard_name :       ozone_mass_mixing_ratio
  vmax :        1e+15
  vmin :        -1e+15
  valid_range : ( -1e+15, 1e+15 )
warning:ContourPlotDraw: out of range coordinates encountered; standard
AreaFill rendering method may be unreliable;
 consider setting the resource trGridType to "TriangularMesh" if
coordinates contain missing values
And I attached the updated script. I wounder if I need to add triangular
meshes resource in my script?

Thanks!