[ncl-talk] CMIP5 tos Problem

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 25 12:23:00 MDT 2017

I think you should provide what you have done.

If you are learning NCL, please look at the excellent tutorial by DKRZ at:

     http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/

The User Guide has many examples.

To learn any language you must invest the time to learn

---
We do not have any tos file available. The following is an untested guess.
ANy errors you must fix.

---
  diri = "./"     ; input directory
  fili   = "tso ...nc"                     ; your file
  pthi = diri+fili
  f     = addfile( pthi, "r")

  x    = f->tos                           ; (time,nlat,mlon)
  lat2d = f->lat                         ; (nlat,mlon)
  lon2d =f->lon

  printVarSummary(x)
  printMinMax(x, 0)
  print("---")
  printVarSummary(lat2d)
  printMinMax(lat2d, 0)
  print("---")
  printVarSummary(lon2d)
  printMinMax(lon2d, 0)
  print("---")

  wks  = gsn_open_wks("png","marjani")            ; open a ps file
  gsn_define_colormap(wks,"BlAqGrYeOrRe")         ; choose colormap

  res                      = True
  res at cnFillOn             = True                 ; turn on color
  res at cnFillMode        = "RasterFill"         ; turn on raster mode
... optional
  res at cnLinesOn        = False                ; turn off contour lines
  res at cnLineLabelsOn    = False
  res at cnFillPalette      = "BlAqGrYeOrRe"   ; your choice

  x at lat2d = lat2d
  x at lon2d = lon2d

   nt = 0
   plot = gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks,x(nt,:,:),res)