[ncl-talk] Problems of plot without borders

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 11 08:14:09 MDT 2017

Hi Zhu,

We've been looking into this problem offline, using the script you provided.

There's definitely an issue, and I think it has to with the internal code
that creates the PNG image than it does with NCL itself.

I've created a ticket on this (NCL-2672), using a test script that Adam
Phillips created.

Meanwhile, I think you can work around the problem by commenting these
resources:

;    mpres at tmXBBorderOn              = False
;    mpres at tmXTBorderOn              = False
;    mpres at tmYLBorderOn              = False
;    mpres at tmYRBorderOn              = False

and setting these two resources:

    mpres at tmBorderLineColor = "white"   ; work-around to cover up
    mpres at tmBorderThicknessF  = 6.0     ; strange border lines

This will cause the border to get drawn in white, hence covering up those
stray border lines.  You may need to play around with the border thickness
value, as 6.0 may be too high.  1.0 is the default.

Hope this is acceptable!

--Mary