[ncl-talk] fatal:Variable (lbar_zone) is undefined

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 9 15:17:16 MDT 2017

Hi Ismail,
It does look like there is a bug in the gsn_csm_streamline* suite of
functions. The issue is triggered if the user sets lbLabelBarOn = False and
mpProjection
to something other than cylindrical equidistant. The (partial) solution is
to change line 12329 (and 12122) of gsn_csm.ncl from this:
if(luse_old_lbar)
to this:
if(lbar_on.and.use_old_lbar)

This results in the labelbar not being drawn, but unfortunately there might
be a double set of tickmarks on each map as well. I was able to remove the
2nd set of tickmarks by setting
pmTickMarkDisplayMode = "Conditional".

I will report this as a bug.
Adam