[ncl-talk] Data commparing

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 28 09:51:54 MST 2017

It's not clear to me what you mean by "compare the data". Do you mean
graphically, or do you need to do a difference?

As you pointed out, your datasets are on different timelines: one is
monthly and one is decadal. Comparing the two of them requires that you put
them on the same timeline somehow. One way to do this is by averaging.
Another way is by trying to find a common timeline for both and putting
them both on that common timeline.  It just depends on what you need to do
in the long run.

Can you provide the two files on our ftp site if they are not too large?

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ftp_files.shtml

--Mary