[ncl-talk] WG: xy-plot marker color + style

Kreienkamp Frank Frank.Kreienkamp at dwd.de
Sun Nov 26 23:37:47 MST 2017

Hello,

Rashed has solved the problem.

Thanks from me.
Frank

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rashed Mahmood [mailto:rashidcomsis at gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 27. November 2017 07:32
An: Kreienkamp Frank
Betreff: Re: xy-plot marker color + style

Hi Frank,

I think I have solution for the problem. Please try running the attach which does what you want.

The important things to note are that when using xy plotting technique, since in your original script the plot was only one set of x and one set of y values so the plot would chose first color and marker styles. it like drawing a continuous line when we have several (x,y) points. So in order to get different markers and colors each marker could plotted separately using a look as in the script. since to draw a line we need at least two (x,y) pairs, so I have just given a same value twice for x and y.

let me know if anything is need explanation or have further question.

Good luck,

Rashed,

Postdoc,

University of Victoria, Victoria BC.