[ncl-talk] mask

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 15 14:22:02 MST 2017

Hi Vanúcia,
I think you want to specify Chile in the mpMaskAreaSpecifiers resource.
Try changing this:
     res at mpFillAreaSpecifiers = (/"Land", "Chile:counties","Water"/)
     res at mpSpecifiedFillColors = (/0,-1,0/)
to this:
     res at mpFillAreaSpecifiers = (/"Land", "Water"/)
     res at mpSpecifiedFillColors = (/"black","blue"/)
     res at mpMaskAreaSpecifiers = "Chile"

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/mp.shtml#mpMaskAreaSpecifiers

Hope that helps!
Adam

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Vanúcia Schumacher <
vanucia-schumacher at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to include a mask in the ocean and in countries other than
> Chile.
> I tried the commands below and it is not working. Some help?
>
>   res at mpMinLatF             = -38
>   res at mpMaxLatF             = -16
>   res at mpMinLonF             = -78
>   res at mpMaxLonF             = -66
>
>         res at mpFillDrawOrder = "PostDraw"
>         res at mpDataSetName                = "Earth..3"
>         res at mpDataBaseVersion           = "MediumRes"
>         res at mpOutlineOn                       = True
>         res at mpOutlineSpecifiers            = (/"Chile:counties"/)
>         res at mpGeophysicalLineThicknessF = 2
>        res at mpNationalLineThicknessF    = 2
>
>      res at mpFillAreaSpecifiers = (/"Land", "Chile:counties","Water"/)
>      res at mpSpecifiedFillColors = (/0,-1,0/)
>      res at mpOutlineBoundarySets = "AllBoundaries"

Adam Phillips