[ncl-talk] Fwd: Question about Label Font Thickness

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 21 11:39:13 MDT 2017

Hi Han,
I am seeing the same results you are. None of the cn*FontThicknessF
resources are seemingly being applied in v6.3.0 or v6.4.0, no matter which
font I choose. I will file a trouble ticket.

In the meantime if you want a thicker font you might want to change to
using one of the 3 bold fonts:  helvetica-bold (22),times-bold(26) or
courier-bold (30).
See: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/font_tables.shtml
Adam

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 8:49 PM, IHAN CHEN <wewe8171 at gmail.com> wrote:

> *Dear NCL community,*
>
> * I am trying to plot pressure field in contour using NCL V.6.3.0 and
> facing a problem *
> * while changing the contour line label font thickness and the High/Low
> Label font thickness.*
> *The font appearance had no response while I modified the value given to
> the built-in resource**. *
> *Besides, I have tried several fonts type and all results are the same.*
>
> *Attached below is **the **related part of  script,*
> *;----------------------------------------------*
>

> *    wks = gsn_open_wks("png","thickness")    res
>                        = True    res at gsnDraw
>    = False    res at gsnFrame                                = False*
> *    res at mpProjection                          = "LambertConformal"
>   res at mpLambertMeridianF               = 120.*
> *    res at mpLambertParallel1F               = 10.
> res at mpLambertParallel2F               = 40*
> *        res at cnFillOn                                  = False
> res at cnLinesOn                               = True    res at cnLineLabelsOn
>                     = True    res at cnLineLabelFont                      =
> 12    res at cnLineLabelFontThicknessF       = 3    res at cnLineLabelFontHeightF
>           = 0.01    res at cnHighLabelsOn                        = True
> res at cnHighLabelFont                       = 12
> res at cnHighLabelFontThicknessF        = 3    res at cnHighLabelFontHeightF
>        = 0.01     plot= gsn_csm_contour_map(wks,slp,res)    draw(plot)
> frame(wks)*
>
> *Thank you !*
>
> *Best regards,*
>
> *HAN*