[ncl-talk] a question on masking missing values using grey shading or hatch in time-longitude section

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 16 16:13:12 MDT 2017

Dear Hui Ding,

Try these resources:

  res1 at cnMissingValPerimOn     = True             ; turn on perimeter

  res1 at cnMissingValFillPattern = 16               ; choose a fill pattern

  res1 at cnMissingValFillColor   = "gray"          ; choose a pattern color

You can see the various fill patterns at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Images/fillpatterns.png

If you set the fill pattern to 0, which is the default, then you just get a
solid color fill.

--Mary