[ncl-talk] write wrf output variables to a separate netcdf file

Wang,Yu wangyu8722 at ufl.edu
Wed Mar 15 20:24:52 MDT 2017

Dear NCL users,

I am trying to use ncl to extract one variable from wrf output to a separate netcdf files for further analysis. I was trying to modify the script here provided by the UCAR website. http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/netcdf4.shtml. So I have created a script attached with this email. However, I am having an error as below:

fatal:Number of dimensions in parameter (2) of (filedimdef) is (2), (1) dimensions were expected
fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 58 in file wrf_op_1.ncl

I understand this is showing a mismatching dimension, in this case is the lat and lon. The example case is a one dimension netcdf file for its lat and lon, but my file should have 2d for lat and lon. Is there a different way of doing what I am doing?

Hope someone could provide some help.

Best,

Yu

Reading and writing NetCDF-4 - ncl.ucar.edu<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/netcdf4.shtml>
www.ncl.ucar.edu
NCL Home> Application examples> File IO || Data files for some examples. Example pages containing: tips | resources | functions/procedures Reading and writing NetCDF-4