[ncl-talk] How to extract a grid value of TRMM according the certain latitude and longitude

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Mar 14 10:09:01 MDT 2017

​Hi ​
Yi Lu,

We have a examples page on subsetting data based on lat/lon.  See:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/latlon_subset.shtml

I believe TRMM data is represented by two-dimensional lat/lon arrays, is
that correct? If so, then the "latlon_subset_2.ncl" example is the one you
want to look at. The function it uses is getind_latlon2d:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/getind_latlon2d.shtml

--Mary