[ncl-talk] About [errno=1102]

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Mar 10 07:49:17 MST 2017

Please look at your data

[1]
Your script uses
      a = addfile("./wrfout_d01_2015-12-23_15:00:00.nc","r")
The file you sent is
                           wrfout_d01_2015-12-23_15_00_00

Please note the 15:00:00 and you sent 15_00_00

[2]
We have asked you before to use printVarSummary and/or printMinMax to 'look
at your data.' You constantly ignore that advice. Why??

   if(isfilevar(a,"QVAPOR"))
      qv = wrf_user_getvar(a,"QVAPOR",it)
      qv = qv*1000.
      qv at units = "g/kg"
printMinMax(qv,0)         ; <========= added
    end if
    if(isfilevar(a,"QCLOUD"))
      qc = wrf_user_getvar(a,"QCLOUD",it)
      qc = qc*1000.
      qc at units = "g/kg"
printMinMax(qc,0)
    end if
    if(isfilevar(a,"QRAIN"))
      qr = wrf_user_getvar(a,"QRAIN",it)
      qr = qr*1000.
      qr at units = "g/kg"
printMinMax(qr,0)
    end if
    if(isfilevar(a,"QICE"))
      qi = wrf_user_getvar(a,"QICE",it)
      qi = qi*1000.
      qi at units = "g/kg"
printMinMax(qi,0)
    end if
=====================

Output"

 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.

(0)    Water vapor mixing ratio: min=0.00438449   max=18.061
(0)    Cloud water mixing ratio: min=0   max=0
(0)    Rain water mixing ratio: min=0   max=0

So two of your variables are constant ... all zeros.

The warning message

warning:ContourPlotInitialize: scalar field is constant; ContourPlot not
possible:[errno=1102]

Is telling you that the field(s) to be contoured are all one value ( 0.0
)and that it can not contour  a constant field.

Did you even look at the png files you generated?