[ncl-talk] or_extracted_ocean_data

Kunal Bali kunal.bali9 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 03:56:21 MDT 2017

Dear NCL user

I have masked the ocean data. Now I am trying to extract the ocean data
only.
So, how to extracted ASCII file of data_ocean_only variable in the given
code below.

please provide some information that.

Thank You

begin
;---Read data
      dir    = "/home/kunal/mishra_sir/"
      fnames = systemfunc("ls " + dir + "DAY_*.nc")
        a      = addfiles(fnames,"r")
          mfile  = addfile("/usr/local/lib/ncl/lib/ncarg/data/cdf/landsea.nc
","r")
          data    = a[:]->sshf
          data   = data/100000

          lsmask  = mfile->LSMASK
          lsm     = landsea_mask(lsmask,data&latitude,data&longitude)

          data_ocean_only = mask(data,lsm.eq.0,True)
          copy_VarMeta(data,data_ocean_only)

          printVarSummary (data)

end

file detained is given as

Variable: data
Type: float
Total Size: 938060 bytes
            234515 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes:    [time | 31] x [latitude | 85] x [longitude | 89]
Coordinates:
            time: [983223..983943]
            latitude: [25.5..15]
            longitude: [59..70]
Number Of Attributes: 4
  standard_name :    surface_upward_sensible_heat_flux
  long_name :    Surface sensible heat flux
  units :    J m**-2
  _FillValue :    -32767